Sunday 10 July 2011

Right back to the start...

So my story started, wow, fifteen years ago this year! How time flies hey!

I was born and raised in Blackpool, yes I know!! It is everything everyone thinks about the place, but for me it was home (even though you could never just pop in to town for a new top in the morning without bumping in to Fred Flinstone or a naked cowboy!) I had holiday jobs at the infamous Tower and the Pleasure Beach and had the most fun with the bestest friends, but in 1996 my life changed massively.

I lost my mum.

My Mum and Dad divorced when I was 11, and he remarried six months after he left (needless to say that marriage has ended as well and he is due to marry again in October - what a roll model!) He was never really a part of my life so when Mum was diagnosed with cancer in July 95' I had a conversation with her about what would happen with us (me & my sister) should the worst happen, and it was decided that we would go and live with my Aunt in Surrey.

So that's what happened, my Mum died in February 96', I managed, somehow, to get through my A-levels in the May/June and then in July, exactly ten years after we moved in to our house, we moved to Surrey leaving my friends behind to start again.

In the September I started at university and met my OH. He was lovely, well still is lovely and 15 years later we are still together. I'm not going to lie it hasn't been easy, blimey it has been up and down and all over the place! We married 9 years ago and had our first child 7 years ago, and that was hard.. very hard. But we came through it and had our second in 2009. However we hit the same issues again and in 2010 we decided it would be better if we weren't together.

I am pleased to say though that after five months apart it turns out we were wrong and things have never been better. Don't get me wrong, we still hit the occasional stumbling block, but the difference now is that instead of keeping it all inside, we talk, and move on, its all new to us I can tell you but its like we are two different people together for the first time!

So here we are, getting through one day at a time and enjoying it. The munchkins got me through some dark days and I feel I owe them the best, I only hope that I am doing a good job!

Any way I think I have bored you enough to begin with, and besides Hannah Montana is on (boy, how my life has changed from the boardroom to the Disney channel!!)

See you again soon!

Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment