Sunday 10 July 2011

A not so silent Sunday..

Sunday started so well..

No sign of life until 6.30am (trust me that's a lie in!), the sun was shining, the birds were singing, we made plans for the garden, the bacon was calling, it was all going so well!

It was a Sunday like it should have been, we walked to the park, we were loving being in the sun, Sunday's should look like this!


But that all changed, when the OH started working on something for work. He gets stressed and I mean really stressed, no one approaches him, or should I say, no one should approach him. He's a bit like a caged bear, now imagine that bear after its been poked through the bars - with a stick! Ouchies!

Any way, his mood changed, the kids mood changed and it started to rain. Thats when it all went horrible wrong.

My eldest had built a fab den in the lounge with a box. He loved it, all the toys he could play with and he was quite happy with that!

When disaster struck. The littlest had got bored of not being allowed to play, so launched an ice cream truck at him. There were tears, blimey were there tears! And thats when we noticed it.. the water pouring down his blanket weren't his tears, it was the rain!!

The rain was pouring in through the conservatory roof, and when I say pouring, I actually mean it was raining in my lounge, I could see the sky!!

Thankfully, the bear was ok about being interrupted (mainly because he was worried it was going to get the TV!)

He was up the ladders and on the roof quicker than I could say 'its raining in here!' the only thing is, he is a bash now and think later kind of guy, a lot like our littlest!!

Fortunately for me, it worked! He managed to slide the roof back together - I'm beginning to think our house is made of Playmobil (no actually, Playmobil is a lot more sturdier than our house, sorry Playmobil!) and the water has stopped coming in for now!

And the even better news is that the littlest apologised to the biggest, and he now likes her again - yay! And OH has stopped being a bear and has brought me a nice glass of red wine - yum!

Any way, whilst the house has returned to being quiet again and nearly everyone is asleep, Ill say goodnight - sleep well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment