Friday 2 September 2011

They're growing so fast..

Ive just spent the morning shopping for a school uniform for my little boy. He is going in to juniors next week, juniors! How has that happened, it was only two minutes ago that he was starting Reception.

The lovely Liz Jarvis wrote a piece on her blog last week about wishing their lives away and it hit home, time has gone so fast, so with the littlest, Im reminded of a poem that Ive had stuck to my calender for the last seven years. I dont know who wrote it, but Im thankful they did. If anyone ever finds out, please say thanks for me :)

Babies grow up
we have learned to our sorrow
so try leaving jobs
that can wait till tomorrow.

Children grow older
while you're not looking
and years stretch ahead
full of cleaning and cooking.

So keep quiet cobwebs
and dust go to sleep,
I'm cuddling my baby
and babies don't keep.




No comments:

Post a Comment